ALAWOROKO'S TRANSITION: THE MEDIA SHOULD GET THEIR FACTS RIGHT.
My attention has been drawn to the fallacious news being circulated by PUNCH, GUARDIAN, DAILYPOST, DAILYTRUST, PREMIUMTIMES and other print/broadcast media about the demise of our father and revered monarch, Oba Micheal Olufemi Aladejana II, the Alaworoko of Iworoko Ekiti, Irepodun/Ifelodun local government area of Ekiti State.
In the concocted news whose source was credited to "an indigene of the town who pleaded anonymity", the media outlets reported that "Ekiti monarch died from shock days after 15 residents die." I want to say categorically that that news is false and misleading.
Consequently, for the benefit of doubt and historical accuracy, I wish to make the following pronouncements:
1. The Alaworoko of Iworoko Ekiti, Oba Micheal Olufemi Aladejana has transited.
2. The cause of his death is not in any way related to the tragic accident that happened in the town on the 12th of January 2019. As a matter of fact, the king was already on admission at the hospital before the incident happened.
3. The people of Iworoko Ekiti are peace-loving citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. As such, there was no restriction of movement of any kind as the news articles reported. Kabiyesi was a law-abiding Nigerian and it was just logical that we decided to respect everyone's right to freedom of movement as contained in the constitution even in his absence.
4. I will want to register my disappointment that this level of incompetence and greenness was perpetrated by respected media giants in the country. Our media need to get their facts right to avoid misleading the public.
The Aladejana family and the Alaworoko-in-Council are willing and ready to speak to any authentic media outlet that might wish to satisfy their curiosity and that of their readers/listeners.
The media outlets whose names and links to their spurious news article appears below are encouraged to take down the articles and contact the family to obtain a true and official position of the family and Alaworoko-in-Council on the issue.
- DAILY POST http://dailypost.ng/2019/01/16/monarch-ekiti-town-15-died-auto-crash-passes/
- DAILY TRUST
- 9JA NEWS 24
- THE HERALD
- NAIJA NEWS
- SERIEZ LOADED
- SUN NEWS ONLINE
- VOICE HEADLINES
It is sad to realise that one of the finest Yoruba monarchs has gone to rest - the world became a poorer place with his demise, but we are consoled, I am consoled because he lived a fulfilled life.
"Aba", sun re o
Ayodeji A. Aladejana